Posts Tagged ‘greenify’
Web security is the biggest “gap” in an organization’s security system. SaaS web security is the most cost-effective method to close that gap. Endpoint protection has limited effectiveness and does not stop user initiated problems. (UTP) and web security appliance each have unique financial and “green” drawbacks. SaaS web security offers excellent threat protection as well as URL filtering with complete reporting.
Inconvenient Truths about Web Security
Web security today should be at the forefront of every organization. Why? Here are just a few reasons.
- 82% of all security problems in the typical computing environment comes from normally safe sites that have been “highjacked”. People inside the firewall get infected by Trojan software that they were tricked into installing.
- If end-users are allowed to install any software they want, then the risk of security exploitation is high.
- Fully patched and bug-free software has almost no effect on the risk from drive-by downloads.
- Most malware and malicious hackers are criminally motivated and seek monetary gain.
- End-user education has minimal effect on system security.
- In spite of all the efforts of your security team, your firewall, your anti-malware software, and your IDS/IPS will fail.
These are especially true for organizations that do not have adequate IT staff to cover all their needs. That covers just about all organizations with less than 500 users. So, what can you do?